Monday, February 16, 2009

T Entertainment

If you ever ride the Red Line going outbound to Alewife between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM, you may have had the privilege of being entertained by a group called “Black Guys Dancing”(yes, that is their actual name). This is a group of young guys who perform break-dancing and hip-hop dance routines on moving trains. They usually will perform for one or two stops then get off and go perform in the next car. I have seen them perform many times, and I have to say that it is truly amazing that they can do flips within the narrow confines of the T. They ask for donations at the end, and I am always happy to give them some spare change, or even a dollar if I have it. After every performance of BGD that I encounter, I always wonder why I don’t see more performers on the T. Sure, there are a lot of musicians who perform at the actual T stations (the guy who plays the guitar at Arlington Street is my favorite), but I have only really seen BGD perform on an actual train. It would be a great way to capture people’s attention, since they pretty much have to look/listen to you while they are stuck in the same car.

Here is a video I found on YouTube of the Black Guys Dancing. Now whoever created this video calls them “Dancing Black Guys,” which is wrong. Their name is in fact “Black Guys Dancing.” Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQpbvSXNNg

On a completely unrelated note: Can you have a doppelganger of the opposite sex? If so, I saw mine on the T. I was riding the T home from my first bowling game of the season (BILFS!), and I came face to face with a guy who looked exactly like me. We both were wearing brown North Face fleeces, jeans, and brown Puma sneakers. It was kind of awkward.

Happy Riding!

1 comment:

Brow said...

This would encourage idiot teens who think they're funny to speak even louder. Shame on you Angela. You should know better.